How to Register for an OhioLearns course, program or degree.
- The content in OhioLearns is offered by participating Ohio higher education institutions. If you plan to apply to college for the first time, the steps listed below should be reviewed. If you are returning, these should still be reviewed. As you review content in OhioLearns, institutional contact information is presented to assist you. Distance learning institutional contacts can help you clarify how these issues apply to specific institutional programs and policies.
- The College Board: College Financing Calculators
By entering such information as expected family contributions, anticipated monthly loan payments, and your current savings, you can figure out how you can pay for college.
- FinAid.org: College Cost Calculators
This award-winning web site is designed to help students figure out how much money they will need to pay for college. Other calculators on the site will also be helpful to you and your parents.
- Finding out about FAFSA FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Students and parents have to fill it out to qualify for financial aid from the federal government.
Preparing your Application
- What do I need to apply to college? Your college application should create a consistent portrait of who you are and what you'll bring to the college. This site should help you with this process.
Transferring College Credit?